Sunday, December 16, 2007

December Fun
















We celebrated the festive season last weekend with baking cookies, looking at lights and going to the movies. First, I took the girls to see Enchanted, we LOVED IT! Such a girl movie and I have all 3 of them loving the romantic stuff just like me. Saturday night we drove to the Mission Inn in Riverside. This is a hotel built in the early 1900's, it sits on an entire city block. For Christmas they go all out on the light and Christmas displays. There are horse drawn carriages, and Dickens Carolers walking around. We brought Vivian with us and she and Charlie just loved it. It was cold and did start to rain but we had walked around all of it by then anyway. On Sunday the girls and I baked. We made 1 rum cake, a gingerbread house and seven different kinds of cookies. Our challenge was keeping Charlie out if everything. I really don't want to know how much sugar he ended up eating, I am sure it would be terrifying. At one point when I was cleaning up I thought Charlie and our dog Bailey were ganging up on me. I would chase 1 away while the other one would be sneaking something else.





8 comments:

Chet and Gini said...

I'm impressed - your cookies are gorgeous! I haven't made any yet - but might next week when I am off. If I do, it will be good old Toll house, No-Bakes and O'Henry Bars.

Katy said...

I love doing all this festive stuff with kids during the season. Its so much more fun than shopping!

Rissa said...

Looks like a blast. I regret not driving down the hill and going with you guys!

Missy said...

I love doing this stuff too - but I admit, I LOVE to shop. It is tough watching my dollars when I have 3 girls to shop for, I know exactly what I would have wanted, and there is so much more now. Luckily Terry doesn't balance the checkbook.

Mike and Annette said...

Looking at all this, all I can say is.......WOW!!!!!

Obert Life is Good said...

All I can say is that charlie is looking like Grandpa Moyer more and more as he gets older. Good lookin' cuss.

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

WOW! Those cookies look awesome-and a lot of work! Looks like fun was had by all.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're recuperating okay.