Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Father's Day, Poopy Pants & Nurse Rached

Terry has been sick for a week but still wanted to go dirt bike riding Sunday morning for Father's Day, ok by me. Charlie and I drove down to Grandpa's. Along with Mom, Brad and Riss we took him out to breakfast. All was great, we gave Grandpa a t-shirt that said Old Guys Rule. He was slightly offended but I told him it could have said Old Guys Suck, but it didn't. We had a nice breakfast and I headed back up the hill. Charlie was fussing half of the way so I kept passing back pacifiers from a stack I keep in the cup holder next to me. Finally he stops crying. Once I pull in the driveway and open his door I notice that he has something all over his face and arms. I was trying to figure out where he got the food but soon realized it wasn't food it was poop from an exploding diaper. He got quiet because he entertained himself by smearing it all over his head, his arms and his legs. All of the pacifiers I gave him were covered in it. I ran inside to get Terry (what better way to say Happy Father's Day), by this time Charlie is just sitting there grinning. Father and son ended up bonding in the shower, I was gagging and frantically calling mom to find out what will happen b/c I am sure he ate some of it.
Terry spent the rest of the day in and out of bed and did the same yesterday. He FINALLY went to the doctor and is on an antibiotic now - which he promptly threw up this morning. Why is it that he turns into a 5 year old when he is sick and I turn into Nurse Rached. I am so comforting when its the kids but I have no patience with him. Not nice I know. I will work on it. I CAN'T WAIT FOR VACATION!!!!

4 comments:

Mike and Annette said...

Tell Grandpa Mike that our Grandpa Mike also has a shirt that says "Old Guys Rule", also a gift from his kids, and he loves it. Proudly wears it all the time. I think it is a hoot. As for the rest of the story. I am so sorry!!! Poor Charlie, And poor Terry. But just between you and me, I also have little patience with Mike when he is sick. I'm not proud of it, but there you are.

Mike and Annette said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Oh how yucky! Poor Charlie. Guess you need a new set of pacifiers now huh? It is sort of funny that he entertained himself. Something to write in the baby book. I'm thinking about all the "clean up" which certainly was NOT fun. Hope Terry is better soon!

Chet and Gini said...

Mom used to say that babies eat a bushel of dity before they are 2 - she didn't say anything about poop! I'd probably just wash the pacifiers in hot water and not worry about it - after all - he's already eaten it once!