Thursday, June 22, 2006

The Thing About Grandma's

Sadie spent the day with her Grandma yesterday at Grandma’s school. When I picked her up Grandma told me how good she was all day and Sadie told me all of the things she did in the classroom. Last night when we were eating dinner she and I had this conversation;

Sadie “Mom, you know what’s kind of weird?”
Me “What?”
Sadie “Grandma never tells me ‘No’. She always says, ‘Okay, or I’ll get it, or in a minute”
Me “Yeah that is weird because when I was a kid she told me ‘No’ all of the time. Do you want to call her and ask her why?”
Sadie “No, I don’t want her to start. Maybe you’ll never tell my kids ‘No’.
Me “Maybe”

3 comments:

Chet and Gini said...

What a great story. You need to write it down and save it for the day she does have children. And how preceptive she is! In just that short conversation she showed you that she understands that there are reasons why you and grandmaw would treat her differently

Missy said...

She comes up with all kids of stuff. I have started writing them down. Of course both girls think Mom knows EVERYTHING! If I can't answer a question, or don't understand their homework then they just roll their eyes and go to Grandma.

Mike and Annette said...

I love this story. What a clever girl she is. And I love the part where she is looking out for her kids in future.