Thursday, July 27, 2006

My better half

Terry is usually all about the business and is usually pretty tight lipped on personal issues, that is why I was so surprised to receive a chain-like email from him this morning. His asnwers didn't surprise me but I thought it was cool that he even did it (the email originated from his mom). So I thought I'd share.

Things you may not have known about me.....

Five jobs I have had in my life:

1 - Technical Director (right now)
2 - Retail clerk at Alpha Beta
3 - Dishwasher/Busboy at Fallbrook Country Club
4 - Hamburger flipper at McDonalds, Jack-in-the-box, Tastee Freez
5 - Paperboy

Five Movies I have watched over and over

1 - Pirates of the Caribbean
2 - Red October
3 - Gladiator
4 - Star Wars
5 - Pixar movies, i.e. Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., The Incredibles. (haven’t seen Cars yets)
6 - Romantic comedies (yes, that right!), Princess Bride, An American President, Some kind of Wonderful, Can’t buy Me Love, Never Been Kissed, 50 First Dates, The Wedding Singer, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Something about Mary, and The Cutting Edge (yes, I said it, THE CUTTING EDGE). Anything with Drew Barrymore, Adam Sandler, Hugh Grant, Julia Roberts, Meg Ryan, Ben Stiller, John Cusack.


Five (of many) Places I have lived:

1 - Victorville
2 - Long Beach
3 - Fallbrook
4 - Riverside
5 - Phoenix
6 - Dallas/Fort Worth
7 - Glendale/Monrovia


Five TV shows I love to watch:

1 - Scrubs
2 - Two and a Half Men
3 - Seinfeld
4 - Cheers
5 - Friends
6 - That’s 70’s Show
7 - Northern Exposure
8 - Family Guy
9 - South Park
10 - Spongebob Squarepants (Yes, Spongebob. It’s pretty much the same as all of the above, funny and requires absolutely no thinking)

Five places I have been on vacation:

1 - Yellowstone/Grand Tetons
2 - Big Sur/San Francisco
3 - Grand Canyon/Sedona
4 - Yosemite
5 – Redwoods

Five of my favorite foods:

1 - Anything Mexican
2 - Anything Italian
3 - Lobster
4 - Ice Cream
5 - Chocolate Chip Cookies

Five places I would rather be right now:

1 - Anywhere but work
2 - In the city with Missy (San Diego, San Francisco, Chicago, New York, Boston, New Orleans)
3 - Camping with the family (mountains or beach)
4 - Relaxing on the beach with Missy. Hawaii, Cancun, any tropical island
5 - At a New England Patriots football game

I'd like to see your answers.

4 comments:

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

O.k. Missy - this is one of the emails I have been avoiding but here it goes:

Five jobs I have had in my life:

1 - Attorney
2 - Judicial Law Clerk
3 - Campaing Volunteer Coordinator
4 - IHOP cook (Yes I will say it again, IHOP, IHOP, IHOP)
5 - Retail Sales person

Five Movies I have watched over and over

1 - Star Wars (all 6 of them)
2 - The Godfather (all 3 of them)
3 - Happy Gilmore
4 - National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
5 - Caddyshack
6 - Animal House

Five (of many) Places I have lived:

1 - Mesa, AZ
2 - Beaver Dam, WI
3 - Madison, WI
4 - Eau Claire, WI
5 - Rapid City, Ill

Five TV shows I love to watch:

1 - All in the Family
2 - Cheers
3 - MASH
4 - That 70's Show
5 - Big Brother (thats right, Big Brother - go ahead and make something of it)
6 - Monday Night Football

Five places I have been on vacation:

1 - Grand Canyon/Sedona
2 - Disneyland/LA
3 - St. Louis - (Sounds boring but this is one of my favorite all time cities to visit)
4 - St. Maarten
5 – WI Dells

Five of my favorite foods:

1 - Burgers
2 - Pizza
3 - Sea food
4 - Beer
5 - If it is all chocolate - I probably have to have it

Five places I would rather be right now:

1 - Carribean
2 - Camping/hiking
3 - Skiing
4 - At a Green Bay Packer or WI Badger football game (perhaps if Packers play Patriots, Terry could go with me but he will have to put up with the verbal abuse)
5 - In bed

Chet and Gini said...

Your comments here could get quite long!

5 Jobs:
1 - Office Administrator
2 - Bookkeeper
3 - Secretary at a church (most boring)
4 - Wholesale sales for florist/grower
5 - General grunt for OSU greenhouses

5 Movies I'ved wathced over & over
1 - The Quiet Man
2 - McClintock (see a pattern?)
3 - A Walk in the Clouds
4 - It's a Wonderful Life
5 - Holiday Inn/White Christmas

5 places I'ved lived:
1 - Randolph OH
2 - Brimfield OH
3 - Kent OH
4 - Rochester NY
4 - Columbus OH

5 TV shows:
1 - CSI/NCIS
2 - The History Channel
3 - Mystery on PBS
4 - The Closer
5 - Just about any old movie that is on

5 places I've been on vacation
1 - St. Augustine
2 - Beaufort SC
3 - Greenfield Village, Mich.
4 - Blue Ridge Mtns.
5 - My front porch

5 favorite foods
1 - Ice Cream
2 - Linguine w/clam sauce made w/lots of garlic
3 - Grilled Chicken Salad
4 - Something Mary has cooked (she's a good cook if you never eaten @ their house)
5 - Something just about anyone but me has cooked

5 Places I would rather be right now
1 - My front porch
2 - On a rode trip
3 - Ireland (never been but would like to go)
4 - That's it - I love to go places, but I love where I'm at, too.

Katy said...

Five jobs I have had in my life:

1 - Service Coordinator at an assisted living agency (right now)
2 - catering and front house manager at a restaurant.
3 - educational associate in an Intense Behaivior intervention Autism classroom.
4 - Mail clerk and book reciever mailer at the University of Iowa Central Mail and Publishing warehouse.
5 - Concessions at Chung Kim's Black Belt academy pool.

Five Movies I have watched over and over

1 - Bridget Jones' Diary (also the Edge of Reason)
2 - Godfather movies
3 - Harry Potter movies
4 - Grease (musicals)
5 - Star Wars movies


Five (of many) Places I have lived:

1 - Beaver Dam, WI
2 - Bettendorf, IA
3 - Iowa City, IA
4 - Cedar Falls, IA
5 - Florence (Firenze), Tuscany, Italy

Five TV shows I love to watch:

1 - Sex in the City
2 - Mr. Show
3 - Friends
4 - Project Runway
5 - Absolutly Fabulous
6 - Spongebob Squarepants
7. Home Movies (the cartoon)

Five places I have been on vacation:

1 - Yellowstone/Grand Tetons/Glacier/ Seattle
2 - Paris, France- Italy-Ireland-Hungary-Vienna-Sicily
3 - Smokey Mtn.s/Cinncinati
4 - Ozarks/ Arkansas/ St. Louis
5- All those childhood trips (numerous)
Five of my favorite foods:

1 - Bruschetta and caprese
2 - Anything Italian (I'm with Gini on the seafood linguine)
3 - fresh seafood (also sushi and maki fall in this catagory- except that spongey crap Chris made me eat in Seattle.
4 - good warm Bread with good olive oil and salt and parm...
5 - Cheese (all kinds but I love a good sweet gorg or brie or cam...) and fruit (with of course good bread).

Five places I would rather be right now:

1 - Drinking wine and Drawing in Italy
2 - Camping with Kent
3 - traveling anywhere
4 - Relaxing on the beach with Kent (just a few more weeks
5 - Walking my dog and then having good breakfast with good coffee and the sunday paper... That will happen soon too.

Obert Life is Good said...

Five jobs I have had in my life:

1 - Vice President of Planning (Real Estate)
2 - Associate Partner (Engineering)
3 - Landscape Architect
4 - Boy Scout camp counselor / provisional Scoutmaster
5 - Garden Store / Nursery

Five Movies I have watched over and over

1 - Pretty Woman (maybe three times)
2 - It's a Wonderful Life
3 - White Christmas
4 - Rudy (Maybe 3 times)
5 - I don't watch many movies and why would you want to see them more than once????

Five Places I have lived:

1 - Symmes Twp., Ohio
2 - Sharonville, Ohio
3 - Muncie, Ind.
4 - What constitutes living somewhere?
5 -

Five TV shows I love to watch:

1 - History Channel
2 - Discovery Channel
3 - Scrubs
4 - Monk
5 - Golf Broadcasts
6 - BENGALS Football

Five places I have been on vacation:

1 - Pinehurst SC
2 - Myrtle Beach SC
3 - Punta Cana, Domican Republic
4 - St. Maarten
5 – Puerto Vallarta
6 - St. Croix
7 - Kiawah Island, SC

Five of my favorite foods:

1 - Baby Back Ribs (rarely get these anymore)
2 - Moms breaded pork chops and fried noodles
3 - Shrimp, fixed anyway but coconut
4 - McDonalds sausage bisquit (Only on vacations)
5 - The Commish Pizza from "The Works"

Five places I would rather be right now:

1 - Pinehurst
2 - Kiawah / Myrtle Beach / Hilton Head, SC
3 - Playing Golf almost anywhere
4 - Out to dinner & drinks with friends
5 - One of the tropical paradices we've visited so far.
6 - Deutschland / Ortenau / Black Forest