Monday, September 18, 2006

Coaching Volleyball

We had our first match this past Saturday and we won 2 straight games! I was so happy that our first week turned into a win, it gave them a big shot of confidence and seeing them get excited is the best thing. I coach 5th & 6th graders - only 3 girls (Sarah included) played last year so we are pretty raw. Sarah served well and the other team could not return it, she served up about 11 points in the first game. Next week we play a team that practices year round. I watched them before our game and the bump, set, spike almost every play. My girls are going to be freaked out about that but we will do the best we can.

4 comments:

Chet and Gini said...

Congratulations! It's very rewarding to be involved with you kids activities - even on the days it doesn't seem so!

Rissa said...

Sorry I missed the game. Good luck next weekend.

Mike Angie Patrick Aaron said...

Coaching volleyball can be so much fun! Good luck with the bump, set, spike!

Mike and Annette said...

I admire you for coaching! I could do Scouts and "AWARE", but coaching was not for me. I'll bet you are great at it. Good luck!!